12 Day ‘Ayurveda Panchakarma Cure’ and detox retreat in Madeira
Location: Alpino Atlantico and Ashoka Ayurveda Spa
This classic Ayurvedic cleanse treatment is designed to eliminate toxins, chemicals and drug residues from the body through the bowels and sweat. Panchakarma detox cures are one of the best prevention treatments against disease as well as one of the best programs for countering the effects of ageing.
In phase one of the cure, we focus on cleansing the body so that we can gently rebuild and strengthen it in part two. Cleansing the body helps to activate the body’s self-healing powers, particularly in the case of chronic illnesses. In order to prepare you ideally for your cleansing days and then to strengthen your body again, we recommend a stay of at least 10 days of treatment / 11 nights.
- 11 Nights in a single or double ensuite sea view room
- 1 Round trip airport transfer
- 1 Ayurveda full board with herbal teas
- 1 Daily detox juice at breakfast
- 1 Initial and final consultation with Ayurveda doctor
- 1 Ayurveda constitutional type evaluation and nutrition advice
- 1 Daily individual conversation with Ayurvedic Doctor
- 10 Days Yoga morning sessions
- 10 Days Fitness, Pilates, Cycling and Body tune sessions
- 1 Yoga Nidra (Sleep Meditation) in the afternoon
- 1 Yoga Kundalini in the afternoon
- 1 Yoga Surya Namaskara in the afternoon
- 1 Meditation in the afternoon
- 20 Ayurveda body treatments (tailored on medical history)
- 1 Virechana cleansing treatment
- 1 Ayurveda lifestyle workshop
- 1 Ayurveda cooking workshop
- Medicated oils/powders (for example: Medicated Ghee, Triphala, Trikatu, etc)
- 1 Final nutrition evaluation with Longevity nutritionist
Prior to arrival
- 1 Nutrition consultation (1h) or follow up repeaters (30m)
- 1 Toxicity exposure evaluation
- 1 Pre-detox preparation prior to holiday
- 1 Personalised gluten free and low carb meals for your stay
- 1 Fitness plan for your stay
- Access to the wellness area which includes a 60 sqm indoor pool, a panoramic resting room with terrace, a jaccuzi, a steam bath, two different saunas (Bio and Finnish), a Finnish bucket with cold water and ice cubs for ice therapy.
- Access to the Lido Galomar beach complex (Blue flag awarded) with a salt water swimming pool, a diving centre with direct access to the nature reserve of Garajau and a lift with panoramic views.
- Access to the Galo Active Health Club with three squash courts, a multifunction court, fitness rooms, studio rooms, training centre and cardio fitness equipment.
What's not included?
- Municipality taxes
- Individuals who would like to boost their immune health naturally.
- Individuals suffering from inflammation such as arthritis or joint pain.
- Individuals who would like to adopt healthier dietary habits.
- Individuals who as a result of stress, feel overwhelmed, anxiety and/ or insomnia.
- Individuals with a gastrointestinal condition such as constipation, Gerd, gastritis or Sibo.
- Women suffering from polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) symptoms or irregular periods.
According to Ayurveda Medicine, these are the major benefits of a Panchakarma treatment:
- Can enhance your detoxification system to clear from toxins
- Can help you loose weight (if overweight)
- Can lower blood sugar levels
- Can improve digestion and absorption of nutrients
- Can decrease stress levels
- Can improve sleep pattern and eating habits
- Can slow down the ageing process
- Can enhance the immune system
- Can protect against certain cancers
- Can restore vitality and improve mental clarity
- Can protect you from heart disease
- May lower your blood pressure
- Can lower LDL cholesterol by 15%
- Can provide a diet higher in antioxidants, probiotics and fibre rich-foods
To make a reservation, select a room and a check-in date from the calendar. Please note you must request availability before making your deposit payment.
From prices are based per person and lowest season:
LOW SEASON: November up to February (Except festive days)
HIGH SEASON: March up to October
Alpino Sea View (2 people)+ more infoProgram: From 3,399 € pp
Alpino Sea View (1 person)+ more infoProgram: From 3,851 € pp
We are sorry, this holiday is not available to book at the moment
- 10% Discount when you book 14-nights or more
- Free Nutrition recommendations for maintenance to take home
Ayurveda Hotel Alpino Atlantico ****
Madeira Island, Portugal
Rating: 4.0 based on 89 reviews
Perched on a cliff with stunning sea views, The Galo Resort complex consists of 3 hotels to cater all needs: The Galosol family hotel, the Alpino Atlantico Ayurveda hotel and the beachfront Galomar adult-only hotel. When you book an Ayurveda cure retreat, you stay at the Alpino Atlantico Ayurveda Hotel on a full board vegetarian detox diet based on the principles of Ayurveda medicine. Conceived as an adult’s only hotel for Ayurvedic treatments, it also offers green sustainable accommodation and overwhelming sea views. With 27 rooms (double and suite typology), this small hotel, assures the necessary peace and tranquility, so you can relax, detox safely and recover your physical, mental, spiritual, and emotional balance.
What we love about this venue
- All treatments use herbs and oils personalised to your individual Dosha
- Seawater changed daily overnight in the swimming pool
- Perfect balance between tranquillity and activity
- Delicious vegetarian cuisine prepared using fresh and seasonal produce
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transfer (Additional charge)
- Beach sun loungers
- Bicycle rental
- Concierge desk
- Cooking lessons
- Dining area
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Filtered water
- Fitness centre
- Fitness/spa locker rooms
- Free parking
- Free wifi
- Gym facilities
- Holistic workshops
- Multilingual staff
- Natural skin care
- Outdoor pool
- Pool with view
- Property smoke-free
- Property with sun terrace
- Property with sun umbrellas
- Single Use plastic free
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Tour assistance
- Venue for Adults Only
Check in/ out
15:00 / 12:00
Spa and therapy
The cleanse therapy helps to activate and strengthen your body's power to heal itself, especially from chronic diseases. A therapy schedule will be individually tailored depending on the medical history of each person. The individual plan of treatments includes 2 treatments per day such as Ayurvedic massages and some other specific treatments for pain relief, weight loss, sleeplessness, back problems, arthritis, and other health conditions.
All walks of life.
Alpino Atlantico is happy to cater for the following individual diets upon request:
- Gluten Free
- Low carb diet
This Ayurveda package includes a full board buffet style Ayurvedic Regime matched to your personal sensitivities. The menu is vegetarian with Ayurvedic dishes, which are varied, diverse and based on your individual constitution following an onsite consultation with the Ayurveda Doctor.
Holiday review scores and score breakdown
Based on 3 reviews
Guest reviews are written by our customers after their stay at 12 Day ‘Ayurveda Panchakarma Cure’ and detox retreat in Madeira.
- Sleep Quality
Great coordination and supportRating: 5.0 / 5
Longevity Escapes was extremely helpful in getting me ready for the retreat I had booked. They were very attentive and ensured that all my needs were being taken care of and that I would enjoy the retreat. They care about the well-being of their clients and wants them to have a great experience which is greatly appreciated.
Peaceful Ayurveda experience in MadeiraRating: 5.0 / 5
Sandra at Longevity Escapes organised a wonderful detox holiday for me in Madeira. After an initial free consultation I was able to confirm that this was the ideal choice for my needs and I felt very comfortable that it would meet my expectations, as the experience and location in Madeira were carefully hand-picked. It was also helpful to have a nutritional consultation before I left in order to discuss my current situation and learn helpful information on what improvements can be made. The booking process was very simple, arrangements were made for the Airport pickup and I arrived at the hotel to an enticing treatment schedule. My room at Alpino Atlantico was very spacious and had a balcony less than a stone's throw from the sea. The treatments, facilities and food were first class - the yoga and chill out room had panoramic views of the sea and there was nothing better than to sink into the super comfy relaxation chairs, listen to the sounds of the sea and feel the detoxifying effects of the treatment oils sinking into the muscles. The hotel garden was equally a peaceful experience, lying on the outdoor beds breathing in the fresh air next to the tropical plants. The food was always an interesting experience to discover an array of unique and powerful flavours of the Ayurveda culture; I had 3 meals a day, all very nutritious and all very unique - it was filling yet the health benefits were obvious. Throughout the holiday I was able to learn a lot about the Ayurveda philosophy in terms of the cooking, yoga style and overall detox. The use of the neighbouring hotels were a big plus, allowing the use of Galo Resort with an infinity pool, a sauna with stunning glass overlooking the sea, and facilities built into the dark cliff edges making for a dramatic sight whilst sea swimming, there was also a substantial gym and pool facilities available for use. When I returned to the UK, I was able to go through a tailor made nutritional plan with detailed emails from Sandra, discuss the experience with her and how the principles can be incorporated into my routine. I will keep an eye on future offerings from Longevity and I love the idea that a lot of the stress and hassle of finding a suitable health based holiday is removed by taking this route - there are a number of 'yoga retreats' on the market, which from some experience can be a real gamble, I was looking for a relaxing and upmarket 'reset' and my expectations were exceeded.
WONDERFUL AYURVEDIC EXPERIENCERating: 5.0 / 5
The Galo Alpino Resort in Madeira is an authentic Ayurvedic experience, with wonderful daily oil massages that are individually tailored for you through an appointment with an Indian Ayurvedic trained doctor. The surroundings are lovely, overlooking the ocean with flowering gardens and lawn loungers to relax. Food is vegetarian with a touch of Indian flavours. Great place to de-stress. It is not cheap but for what you get and compare to other spa weeks it is a great deal. Also you get to use their other 5 star hotel properties about a 5-10 min walk away at no extra cost - pretty pools overlooking the ocean, etc.