8 Day ‘Ayurveda Relaxation Cure’ and yoga retreat in Madeira
With expert Ayurveda lifestyle sessions, all-inclusive light buffet meal plans and daily yoga classes, this holistic cure retreat located on a cliff in Caniço, provides an authentic healing boost to your mind and body and a break from unhealthy nutritional habits based on the ancient wisdom developed by the sages of India.
Featuring an Ayurveda cure centre with a 3.000m² tropical garden, an Ayurvedic restaurant and a panoramic breakfast terrace, guests can enjoy daily buffet breakfast with views of the Atlantic and meal plans prepared according to the traditional Ayurveda healing system. You can also use the Health Club facilities just 300m away and practice a variety of sports and entertainment activities making it ideal for anyone committed to reach and maintain fitness and wellness goals.
- 7 Nights or more in a single or double ensuite room
- 1 Round trip airport transfer
- 7 Days Ayurvedic meals (Breakfast, lunch & dinner) and herbal teas
- 1 Initial and final consultation with Ayurveda doctor
- 1 Ayurveda constitutional type evaluation
- 6 Yoga group morning sessions
- 1 Yoga Nidra (Sleep Meditation) in the afternoon
- 1 Yoga Kundalini in the afternoon
- 1 Yoga Surya Namaskara in the afternoon
- 1 Meditation in the afternoon
- 6 Ayurveda treatments (tailored on medical history)
- 1 Ayurveda Lifestyle workshop
- 1 Ayurveda cooking workshop
- 1 Final nutrition evaluation with Longevity nutritionist
- Access to the wellness area which includes a 60 sqm indoor pool, a panoramic resting room with terrace, a jaccuzi, a steam bath, two different saunas (Bio and Finnish), a Finnish bucket with cold water and ice cubs for ice therapy.
- Access to the Lido Galomar beach complex (Blue flag awarded) with a salt water swimming pool, a diving centre with direct access to the nature reserve of Garajau and a lift with panoramic views.
- Access to the Galo Active Health Club with three squash courts, a multifunction court, fitness rooms, studio rooms, training centre and cardio fitness equipment.
Prior to arrival
Complimentary to Longevity Escapes' guests:
- 1 Nutrition consultation (1h) or follow up repeaters (30m)
- 1 Ayurvedic low carb meal plan for your stay (extra charge)
Please note that the following timetable might be subject to changes or adapted to your preferences or needs:
- 07:45 - 08:45 Yoga group sessions
- 09:00 - 10:00 Ayurvedic buffet breakfast
- 11:15 - 12:15 Ayurvedic massage (45m or 1h)
- 13:00 - 14:00 Ayurvedic lunch
- 14:00 - 15:00 Ayurveda workshop (Saturdays only)
- 17:00 - 18:00 Cooking workshop (Tuesdays only)
- 16:30 - 18:30 Evening Yoga Surya, Nidra, Kundalini or meditation
- 19:00 - 20:00 Ayurvedic Dinner
What's not included?
- Municipality taxes
- Individuals who as a result of stress, feel overwhelmed, anxiety and/ or insomnia.
- Individuals in need of pure relaxation and inner balance.
- Individuals who would like to adopt healthier dietary habits.
- Individuals who would like to boost their immune health naturally.
According to Ayurveda Medicine, these are the major benefits of a Rasayana cure:
- Can improve mental and intellectual competence
- Can prevent the effect of ageing
- Can promote glow of the skin
- Can balance your Doshas
- Can decrease stress levels
- Can improve sleep pattern and eating habits
- Can promote deep relaxation and enhance mindfulness
- Can slow down the ageing process
- Can enhance the immune system
- Can restore vitality and increase energy levels
- Can protect you from heart disease
- May lower your blood pressure
- Can lower blood sugar levels
- Can lower LDL cholesterol by 15%
- Can promote a sense of health and well-being
- Can provide a diet higher in antioxidants, probiotics and fibre rich-foods
To make a reservation, please use our request availability form.
May to October: Up to 20% Off
Alpino Sea View (2 people)+ more infoProgram: From 1,760 € pp
Alpino Sea View (1 person)+ more infoProgram: From 2,120 € pp
We are sorry, this holiday is not available to book at the moment
May to October Stays
- 20% reduction on room rates when you book before the 15/02/2024
Gala dinner is compulsory on the following dates:
- Christmas: 56€ pp
- New Years Eve: 108€ pp
- Easter: 42€ pp
* New Years Eve incl. transfer to fireworks in FNC
Free cancellation: Up to 6 days
Ayurveda Hotel Alpino Atlantico ****
Madeira Island, Portugal
Rating: 4.0 based on 91 reviews
Perched on a cliff with stunning sea views, The Galo Resort complex consists of 3 hotels to cater all needs: The Galosol family hotel, the Alpino Atlantico Ayurveda hotel and the beachfront Galomar adult-only hotel. When you book an Ayurveda cure retreat, you stay at the Alpino Atlantico Ayurveda Hotel on a full board vegetarian detox diet based on the principles of Ayurveda medicine. Conceived as an adult’s only hotel for Ayurvedic treatments, it also offers green sustainable accommodation and overwhelming sea views. With 27 rooms (double and suite typology), this small hotel, assures the necessary peace and tranquility, so you can relax, detox safely and recover your physical, mental, spiritual, and emotional balance.
What we love about this venue
- All treatments use herbs and oils personalised to your individual Dosha
- Seawater changed daily overnight in the swimming pool
- Perfect balance between tranquillity and activity
- Delicious vegetarian cuisine prepared using fresh and seasonal produce
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transfer (Additional charge)
- Beach sun loungers
- Bicycle rental
- Concierge desk
- Cooking lessons
- Dining area
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Filtered water
- Fitness centre
- Fitness/spa locker rooms
- Free parking
- Free wifi
- Gym facilities
- Holistic workshops
- Multilingual staff
- Natural skin care
- Outdoor pool
- Pool with view
- Property smoke-free
- Property with sun terrace
- Property with sun umbrellas
- Single Use plastic free
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Tour assistance
Check in/ out
15:00 / 12:00
Spa and therapy
You will join a team of experienced Ayurveda therapists, who will guide you through a pampering experience from the ancient, traditional teachings such as the healing power of local herbs, Ayurveda, Reiki, yoga, meditation, and fully personalised treatments.
The following activities are included in this Ayurveda retreat:
- 1 Daily yoga session in the morning
- 1 Cooking workshop
- 1 Meditation session
- 1 Ayurvedic workshop
- 1 Yoga Nidra, Relaxation Meditation
- 1 Yoga Kundalini
- 1 Surya Namaskara (sun salutation)
- 1 Meditation
All walks of life.
Alpino Atlantico is happy to cater for the following individual diets upon request:
- Gluten Free
- Low carb diet
Review scores and score breakdown
Based on 3 reviews
Guest reviews are written by our customers after their stay at 8 Day ‘Ayurveda Relaxation Cure’ and yoga retreat in Madeira.
- Sleep Quality
Great coordination and supportRating: 5.0 / 5
Longevity Escapes was extremely helpful in getting me ready for the retreat I had booked. They were very attentive and ensured that all my needs were being taken care of and that I would enjoy the retreat. They care about the well-being of their clients and wants them to have a great experience which is greatly appreciated.
Peaceful Ayurveda experience in MadeiraRating: 5.0 / 5
Sandra at Longevity Escapes organised a wonderful detox holiday for me in Madeira. After an initial free consultation I was able to confirm that this was the ideal choice for my needs and I felt very comfortable that it would meet my expectations, as the experience and location in Madeira were carefully hand-picked. It was also helpful to have a nutritional consultation before I left in order to discuss my current situation and learn helpful information on what improvements can be made. The booking process was very simple, arrangements were made for the Airport pickup and I arrived at the hotel to an enticing treatment schedule. My room at Alpino Atlantico was very spacious and had a balcony less than a stone's throw from the sea. The treatments, facilities and food were first class - the yoga and chill out room had panoramic views of the sea and there was nothing better than to sink into the super comfy relaxation chairs, listen to the sounds of the sea and feel the detoxifying effects of the treatment oils sinking into the muscles. The hotel garden was equally a peaceful experience, lying on the outdoor beds breathing in the fresh air next to the tropical plants. The food was always an interesting experience to discover an array of unique and powerful flavours of the Ayurveda culture; I had 3 meals a day, all very nutritious and all very unique - it was filling yet the health benefits were obvious. Throughout the holiday I was able to learn a lot about the Ayurveda philosophy in terms of the cooking, yoga style and overall detox. The use of the neighbouring hotels were a big plus, allowing the use of Galo Resort with an infinity pool, a sauna with stunning glass overlooking the sea, and facilities built into the dark cliff edges making for a dramatic sight whilst sea swimming, there was also a substantial gym and pool facilities available for use. When I returned to the UK, I was able to go through a tailor made nutritional plan with detailed emails from Sandra, discuss the experience with her and how the principles can be incorporated into my routine. I will keep an eye on future offerings from Longevity and I love the idea that a lot of the stress and hassle of finding a suitable health based holiday is removed by taking this route - there are a number of 'yoga retreats' on the market, which from some experience can be a real gamble, I was looking for a relaxing and upmarket 'reset' and my expectations were exceeded.
WONDERFUL AYURVEDIC EXPERIENCERating: 5.0 / 5
The Galo Alpino Resort in Madeira is an authentic Ayurvedic experience, with wonderful daily oil massages that are individually tailored for you through an appointment with an Indian Ayurvedic trained doctor. The surroundings are lovely, overlooking the ocean with flowering gardens and lawn loungers to relax. Food is vegetarian with a touch of Indian flavours. Great place to de-stress. It is not cheap but for what you get and compare to other spa weeks it is a great deal. Also you get to use their other 5 star hotel properties about a 5-10 min walk away at no extra cost - pretty pools overlooking the ocean, etc.