Furnas Boutique Hotel & Thermal Spa
Furnas, Azores island, Portugal
What we love about this venue
- Cook and taste the typical Furnas stew and discover a century-old tradition
- Environmental consciousness in the fields of energy and water consumption, recycling, waste management and gas usage
- Surprise Picnic Experience: A Picnic in an exclusive secret place on the island (2h)
- Thermal pools are open 24 hours which makes it easier to enjoy private time
'I really needed a wonderful week to reboot and escape into nature! I had no idea that the Azores were going to be so beautiful! A tailored made break created...' continue reading >
|Address||Furnas, Azores Island, Portugal|
|Nearest airport||João Paulo II Airport|
|Transfer time||30 minutes|
|Booking availability||All year round|
|Best time to travel||Anytime|
|Check in / out||15:00 / 12:00|
|Languages spoken||English, French, Spanish and Portuguese|
|Environmental certifications||GREEN DHM Root certificate.|
All year round
Late breakfast service
Thermal circuit 24h open
Bookable all year round
Thermal circuit 24h open
Yoga & HIIT sessions
Unfortunately no retreats were found.
Easy access from João Paulo II Airport (30-minute drive).
Things to do
Whether you are travelling alone with a family member, a partner or a friend, Furnas island is the perfect place to enjoy unspoiled nature and unique landscape.
Here is a list of best activities and things to see in Furnas:
- Visit the Castelo Branco, a hidden castle with stunning views
- Explore the forest and walk down to the Santiago lake
- Discover the ancient lava tube located on the outskirts of Ponta Delgada
- Walk through the José do Canto Forest to the Ribeira dos Rosais waterfall
- Visit the Sete Cidades located in the center of a massive volcanic crater three miles across
- Visit the Mosteiros village and walk up the hill to the Pico de Mafra Viewpoint
- Dive into the natural pools of Praia dos Mosteiros and enjoy the view of the islets
- Go for a walk through the Sanguinho Trail to Salto do Prego and end the walk with a swim
- Venture out to the Moinho do Félixe Trail and discover its waterfalls
- Whale watching and swimming with dolphins in Atlantic waters
- Go on a bike tour around Furnas
- Other activities: Kayaking, surfing, paddle surfing, canyoning, cetacean watching, diving and fishing
- E-bike tours and quiet bike ride along several paths
- Beginners golf lessons with the sea as a background
- Jeep tour: Explore the secret spot of São Miguel
- Explore one of the lagoons on a paddle board
- Cook and taste the typical Furnas stews and discover a century-old tradition
- Artisanal fishing with a real local fisherman
- Discover and photograph the best of our island with Nature in pure state
- Book an authentic farm tour experience in Sao Miguel
- Horse riding with breathtaking scenery of the vast blue and green crater lakes
- Go on a picnic in an exclusive place on the island (Organised by the hotel)
- Bookings require a 20% security deposit at the time of booking.
- In case of cancellation, you can use the deposit amount towards a new booking.
- To make a reservation, select a date and complete our reservation request form.
- You will receive a reservation confirmation email to let you know if your request is declined or accepted.
- To secure your stay in high season months, the total balance must be paid 12 days before your arrival date.
- To secure your stay in low season months, the total balance must be paid 5 days before your arrival date.
- In order to pay the total balance, the hotel requests payment by sending a secure link or by bank transfer.
- Cancellations between 01/01/21 – 01/07/21 and 19/09/21 – 31/12/21: You can cancel or reschedule up to 5 days before arrival via email without any fee. If cancellation occurs within 4 days prior to arrival, the hotel will charge the first night.
- Cancellations between 02/07/21 – 18/09/21: You can cancel up or reschedule up to 12 days before arrival via email without any fee. If cancellation occurs within 11 days before arrival, 20% of the B&B total applies.
- Early departures 100% fee applies.
- Please note that any refund allowed can incur a processing fee whenever applicable.
It is possible for a partner or a friend to join this holiday without taking part in the program. Please request our team a custom quote.
- The use of masks in all public areas is compulsory.
- The hotel will not overbook rooms providing accommodations between spaces.
- The hotel will be tested for COVID-19 all teams and employees on a regular basis.
- The hotel holds the CLEAN& SAFE certificate from the Portuguese Tourism Board.
- All gyms and swimming pools will be open 24 hours. The hotel offers outdoor communal areas including a restaurant with a terrace - should you wish to dine outside.
- Breakfast is served at anytime of the day and anywhere in the hotel.
- Meals can be delivered to your room prior to reservation and at certain timings.
- The Kids Club will be open, offering now a outdoor play garden.
- Children and young people up to 14 years old can attend our swimming pools daily between 9 am and 1 pm.
- At arrival, you will be asked to sign a term of responsibility which includes information about the hotel’s rules.